Monday, June 29, 2020

Why I'm Reading, What I'm Reading


With the world being so topsy-turvy, I find that my reading habits are as well.  While it would seem that I have all the time in the world to read - and two bags full of new titles to pick from, I have honestly been reading the most at night and often falling asleep with an open book.  I also find that I have been picking up sequels more than reading those new titles.  I think that is because there is a comfort in rejoining old friends.  My brain and heart aren't being forced to engage with new, unknown characters.  I suppose that familiarity is something I need right now.  When I am picking up new titles, Stamped, They Went Left, Internment - for example,  I have to balance it with lighter fair, The Opposite of Always, Sick Kids in Love, and Frankly in Love. And I am OKAY with this.  There is nothing wrong with wanting to read about love and happy endings.  I also feel that even in this lighter fair, I am learning answers to questions I didn't know I had, becoming wiser, and better.  In the end, that's what reading really is meant to be.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment