Friday, November 20, 2020

I'm Tired

It's the Friday before Thanksgiving Break, and I'm tired.  With the days getting shorter, the COVID numbers spiking, friends getting sick, and school schedules always in flux, I'm done.  So, how do I get out of this exhaustion funk...? By looking back and looking forward.  Looking back,  I'm energized by the fact that I've had the opportunity to interact with students (even for a short time), made updating the library a priority, and safely visited with friends and family outdoors while the weather was still warm. Looking forward, I'm excited that my daughter and son will be coming home this weekend, that an Aussiedoodle puppy will be moving in with us on Dec. 21, 2020 (making me a whole new kind of tired), and that a vaccine for this unrelenting virus will become available in the next few months.  

And of course, there are always books.  My TBR pile has grown as new book orders have arrived. These books give me the opportunity to get lost in worlds that are not my own.  I will delight in the new characters I meet, the new places I get to go, and the problems that are solved in a few hundred pages.  "A word after a word after a word is power" (Margaret Atwood), maybe just enough power to wake me up?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment